Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED/battery-operated candle
- Taking It Home handout
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Newsprint with questions about Judaism (from Opening)
Preparation for Activity
- Download, adapt, and copy Taking It Home for all participants.
- Post newsprint with questions about Judaism generated in Opening.
- Optional: Write the closing words on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Gather the group around the chalice. If needed, relight the chalice.
Revisit questions generated in the Opening. Lift up answers that have emerged during this workshop. Note questions that remain unanswered and tell the group what you will do to find answers before the next meeting.
Distribute Taking It Home. Invite participants to sit in a circle and join hands and say together:
All our bridges meet in the middle, in a Unitarian Universalist circle of faith. We are connected with all that lives. We continue with all who seek. We belong with all who love. Go in peace until we meet again.
Extinguish the chalice together.
For more information contact email@example.com.