Activity 4: Fact Sheet
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Handout 2, Islam Fact Sheet
Preparation for Activity
- Copy Handout 2 for all participants.
Description of Activity
Youth receive a fact sheet on Islam to take home.
Distribute Handout 2, Islam Fact Sheet and review it with the group. Ask:
- What questions do you still have about Islam?
- What beliefs do Unitarian Universalists and Muslims share?
- How does knowing about Islam influence your Unitarian Universalist faith?
If the group will engage with a Muslim community, give participants any information they will need beforehand.
If there are outstanding questions about Islam, assign volunteers to research and bring answers to the next workshop or divide these duties among facilitators. If youth have questions about women's roles in Islam or the connection between terrorism and Islam, refer to the next workshop, Workshop 14, Islam 2.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.