Taking It Home
Us sing and dance, make faces and give flower bouquets, trying to be loved. You ever notice that trees do everything to git attention we do, except walk? — Alice Walker, author, from The Color Purple
IN TODAY'S WORKSHOP . . . we shared our "special trees" with each other and expressed our gratitude to trees through art and poetry.
HOMEWORK: Think about ways that you can support and protect trees and the web of life before Workshop 5, when we'll explore the question "What can one person do?"
MAKE TIME FOR TREES: There are several ways to take today's workshop home, for example:
- Share your thoughts and feeling about today's workshop and the Circle of Trees program with family members, housemates, or co-workers.
- Try to spend time outside each day, paying special attention to the trees near where you live.
- Share your artwork or poetry with friends or family. Ask them to share their "special tree" with you.
- Create a nature journal to record your observations about and gratitude to trees.
- Think about ways that you can engage with people and trees with respect.
EXTEND THE TOPIC: Explore some of the many wonderful books about trees found in Workshop 1, Handout 2, Selected Bibliography.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.