You Are Here
Us sing and dance, make faces and give flower bouquets, trying to be loved. You ever notice that trees do everything to git attention we do, except walk? — Alice Walker, author, from The Color Purple
After several workshops spent learning about trees—how they are structured, what they contribute to life on our planet—this workshops moves into a more expressive and spiritual appreciation for these providers of life.
This workshop will:
- Encourage personal expressions of gratitude for trees
- Explore the poetic and artistic inspiration that trees and nature provide
- Reinforce the concept of interdependence as expressed in the seventh Unitarian Universalist Principle, "Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part"
- Affirm that stewardship of the earth is an explicit act of faith.
- Express a deeper connection to trees by sharing personal feelings of gratitude and inspiration
- Create a poem or drawing expressing gratitude to trees
- Build on their understanding of and respect for trees through multiple modes of learning, including movement, meditation, and song
- Experience multigenerational learning.