Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Taking It Home handout
- Clear bowl to serve as a chalice
- A small, hardy plant (such as a spider plant or shamrock plant)
- Optional: Small table
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Adapt Taking It Home for your group. Prepare copies or email to adult participants and parents.
- Place the chalice bowl and plant where all can gather around it.
- Optional: Write the closing words on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Gather the group. Briefly summarize the workshop:
Today we meditated and talked about who owns water. We heard a story about how water belongs to everyone. Together we will find ways to be good stewards of the world's waters. We will recycle our chalice water by nurturing this plant.
Invite participants into a moment in silence. Then, ask participants to offer a thought about what moved them during this workshop. Say something like:
Think about our time together. What will you take with you as we leave today?
Allow a moment for reflection, then sharing of responses. Then say:
We will recycle our chalice water by nurturing our plant.
Pour the water from the chalice bowl into the plant.
As you pour, recite the closing words:
We leave our Gather the Spirit friends now, but not our Gather the Spirit friendships. May they be with us until we meet again.
Distribute the Taking It Home handouts you have prepared.
For more information contact email@example.com.