Activity 4: Acorn Guided Mediation
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 1, Acorn Guided Meditation
- Optional: Music and/or quiet nature sounds, and a music player
Preparation for Activity
- Gather acorns, at least one for each participant.
- Designate a space, preferably outdoors, where participants can comfortably sit, an arm's length apart.
- Optional: Set up music player and queue the CD.
Description of Activity
This guided mediation invites children to make a spiritual connection as they experience the life cycle of a tree.
Show them an acorn. Explain that they will "grow" from an acorn into a large oak tree. Have them spread out so all the trees have plenty of room to grow, out of arms' reach of each other. If you are using music, begin playing it. Invite participants to get comfortable and close their eyes as you guide them in this meditation. Read the meditation from Leader Resource 1 slowly, leaving pauses for participants to "grow" in a quiet and contemplative manner.
After the meditation, allow a moment of silence.
Give each participant an acorn to take with them.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.