Spiritual Preparation, Session 2: Me In Faith Community, Faith Community In Me
In "Windows and Mirrors," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Make yourself comfortable and light a candle to mark the time as different from your other activities. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for about five minutes; perhaps repeat a word or phrase to separate you from the activities of the day. After opening your eyes, consider:
- In what ways does the time you spend involved in your Unitarian Universalist congregation add meaning to your life?
- How does your involvement with your congregation affect how you live your life?
- How do you perceive the children in the group feel or think about the congregation or their religious education?
- What are your hopes for the children of your congregation? How would you wish for them to feel about coming to church?
- Remind yourself that what children believe matters. Prepare yourself to convey, while leading this session, that children's presence at church, their beliefs, and their faith development matter very much to you and to other adults in your congregation.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources