Leader Resource 2: Wool-Weaving Illustration
The craft, "Wool Weaving," appears in the book, Animal Crackers, copyright by and available from Heifer International. Permission pending.
Four lengths of 36" yarn, 4 drinking
straws, ball of yarn, pieces of
1. Thread each piece of yarn
through a straw; divide yarn in
2. Knot pairs together; loop over
doorknob or hook; push straws
against knot. To anchor, wrap
yarn ends around slit cardboard.
3. Wind ball of yarn on to cardboard
shuttle; weave over and under on
straws until they are covered.
4. Push weaving away from you; pull straws
5. Continue until long enough to make a belt.
6. Remove straws; knot yarn ends.