Spiritual Preparation, Session 6: The Power of Presence
In "Sing to the Power," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- Can you think of a time when someone's silent presence has made a difference in your life?
- Can you think of a time when your own silent presence has made a difference?
- What does it feel like when someone is truly present to you?
- What does it look like when someone is fully present to you? What do they do/not do?
- How completely present are you to your children? Spouse/partner? Friends? Co-workers? People you disagree with?
- In what situations do you aspire to be more fully present to others?
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, August 21, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)