One of the greatest and simplest tools for learning more and growing is doing more. — Washington Irving
The power of water is the power of moving forward, of gathering information as you go and sharing it with others, as a river carries stones downstream. The children learn how the Unitarian Universalist Legislative Ministry educates young adults about water issues in California and how the participants carry forward what they learn. Participants gather information about their local water supply, brainstorm how to conserve water and protect water sources, and share that knowledge by distributing reusable water bottles with others.
This session will:
- Demonstrate that effective action requires both learning about the circumstances you hope to change and acting on that knowledge
- Encourage participants to value and preserve water as an essential and threatened resource
- Affirm that "a free and responsible search for truth and meaning" includes listening to the voices of others.
- Learn about the California UU Legislative Ministry's Water Justice Tours which engage young people in protecting clean water
- Gather knowledge about where their own water comes from and local issues related to conservation and water protection
- Brainstorm ways to carry forward the knowledge they have gathered, and advocate for water conservation and protection by decorating and distributing reusable water bottles.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.