Alternate Activity 3: Challenge Question
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Optional: Write the challenge question on newsprint, and post.
- Optional: Browse the Internet and see what you find to share.
- Optional: In Alan Lightman's novel, Einstein's Dreams (New York: Warner Books, 1994), read an illuminating, short description of life without death. See the chapter, "9 June 1905."
Description of Activity
Challenge questions guide a deeper inquiry for especially thoughtful individuals and groups. For this session, ask:
What would life be like if it did not end in death?
Share relevant ideas you have found. You might also ask:
- Would life be better or worse without death? Why?
- Would people ever finish anything if they had forever to do it?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.