You Are Here
Handout 2: UU Ideas
Here are 12 statements about mystery, faith and big questions. Ten of the statements are ideas shared by most UUs. Read the statements and put check marks next to the ten you think most UUs share.
- 1. Life is "a riddle and a mystery," just as the song by Brian Tate says.
- 2. Life starts with the mystery of where we come from.
- 3. Life ends with the mystery of what happens when we die.
- 4. So life is a journey between mysteries.
- 5. If I study hard enough I can correctly answer every big and little question there ever was.
- 6. My UU religion can help me understand the riddle and the mystery of life.
- 7. My own gut feelings can also help me figure things out.
- 8. My faith includes everything I think and feel about the riddle and the mystery,
- 9. The UU religion is the only religion with the right answers to the big questions.
- 10. My UU faith helps me know how to act.
- 11. I can figure out a lot of stuff, but I cannot completely solve the riddle and the mystery.
- 12. Life is a riddle and a mystery, and I like it that way.