Alternate Activity 3: Challenge Question
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Optional: Write the challenge question on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Challenge questions guide a deeper inquiry for especially thoughtful individuals and groups. For this session, ask:
What responsibility do UUs have to mosquitoes?
Extend discussion with these additional questions:
- Does thinking about the balance of nature change your answer in any way?
- Do any species depend on mosquitoes as food? (Fish, birds, bats, frogs, toads and some plants are among the mosquito's many predators.)
- Who or what should decide how many mosquitoes there are-people? Nature? God? Birds? A combination of these things?
- Who or what should decide how many dogs there are? Or frogs? Or people?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.