Leader Resource 3: Beaded Bookmarks
- Have children cut cord, embroidery floss, or 1/4-inch ribbon into 24-inch lengths.
- Knot one end of the cord, to keep beads from slipping off. The knot will be more secure if it is not at the very end of the cord—it can always be trimmed when the bookmark is done.
- Thread a needle with the cord. Use the needle to string beads onto three to five inches of the cord.
- Tie a knot at the end of the beads to keep them in place.
- Leaving eight to 12 inches of the cord bare—enough to accommodate the length of a page in a book—tie another knot to hold more beads. String more beads onto another three to five inches of cord.
- Tie a fourth knot at the end of the second row of beads, to hold them in place.
- You may wish to dot some glue on the two end knots before trimming the ends of the bookmark.
For more information contact email@example.com.