You Are Here
Activity 2: Two Truths and a Lie Game
Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Paper and a pencil for each participant
Description of Activity
Distribute paper and pencils. Invite the group to play Two Truths and a Lie. Explain:
Each participant writes down two things about themselves that are true, but which others might not know about them, or might find surprising. They also write down one lie-something that is not true about them.
Give them a minute to write. Then, invite each participant, in turn, to read their three statements aloud; encourage the children to mix up the order of true and false statements. Once a participant has read all three statements, invite the others raise hands to vote for the statement they think is a lie. After everyone has voted, the reader tells the group which statement was the lie.
Process with these questions:
- Was it difficult to think of things the group does not know about you?
- How hard was it to come up with a lie? Was it fun?
- What interesting or surprising truths did you learn about each other?
- Whose lies seemed the most believable? Why?
Including All Participants
Ask volunteers to read their three statements to the group, rather than going around in a circle. If a child wishes to pass, that is fine.