Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations
Home » Religious Education » Tapestry of Faith Curricula » Children's Programs » Faithful Journeys » Session 13 » Leader Resources » Leader Resource 1: Alunelul Dance
Traditional, as described on
Hugo's Folk Dance Resources
Stand in a large circle.
1. Move 3 heel steps to the right. (Put your right heel out to your right, and put your left foot behind your right.)
2. Stamp twice with the left foot.
3. Move 3 heel steps to the left. (Put your left heel out to your left, and put your right foot behind your left.)
4. Stamp twice with the right foot.
5. Repeat parts 1 through 4.
6. Move 2 side steps to the right. (Step to the right with your right foot and close with your left.)
7. Stamp with your left foot.
8. Move 2 side steps to the left. (Step to the left with your left foot and close with your right.)
9. Stamp with your right foot.
10. Repeat parts 6 through 9.
11. Move 1 side step to the right, 1 side step to the left, 1 side step to the right.
12. Stamp twice with the left foot.
13. Move 1 side step to the left, 1 side step to the right, 1 side step to the left.
14. Stamp twice with the right foot.
15. Repeat parts 11 through 14.
Start the dance again.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.
More Ways to Search
Donate to Support This Program and the Ongoing Work of the UUA