What does facilitator training involve?
Training helps prepare facilitators by developing the comfort, knowledge, and teaching skills necessary for leading a given level of Our Whole Lives (OWL). Training is required for the following reasons:
- It offers the opportunity to see Our Whole Lives activities modeled by trainers as they were intended to be conducted.
- It gives facilitators a supportive environment to practice teaching actual Our Whole Lives sessions and receive constructive feedback.
- It gives facilitators important information about the developmental stage of the age group they will be teaching.
- It allows facilitators to network with other Our Whole Lives facilitators and share ideas about what will and won’t work with their groups.
- It provides an opportunity for facilitators to examine their own feelings, opinions, and experiences regarding sexuality and spirituality before facilitating.
- It helps participants better understand how to prepare to teach or to support OWL as advocates.
After their training experiences, program facilitators typically feel enthusiastic, prepared, and confident about the program. They are invited to subscribe to an email network with other Our Whole Lives facilitators to share experiences, resources, and good ideas.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, November 7, 2011.
- Facilitator Trainings
- Trainer Resources
- Do AYS teachers need training?
- Where are workshops?
- Trainings not on the calendar?
- How long are training workshops?
- How old do you have to be?
- Why do we need training?
- What does training involve?
- When is the next training of trainers?
- Who are trainings designed for?
- Who leads teacher trainings?
- Who sponsors teacher trainings?
- Why different trainings?
- Parental Involvement
- Programs by Age Level
- Introducing/ Promoting
- RE Programming
- Running an OWL Program
- Sexuality and Our Faith
- Special Issues
- Supplemental/ Facilitator Resources
- Facilitator Training