Sophia Lyon Fahs Lecture 2012: Bending Toward Justice: Race, Immigration and Religious Education
General Assembly 2012 Event 233
Report from UU World
Speaker: Louise Derman-Sparks
Fahs Lecture: Learning to live comfortably and fairly with diversity begins in children’s early years. So, too, does the damage of racism and other “isms” to healthy development. Author, educator, and activist Louise Derman-Sparks explores ways to foster children’s positive identity and awaken empathy, critical thinking and life-long ability to stand against injustice.
- Ten Steps for Reviewing Children's Books (PDF, 3 pages)
- Selected Resources for Anti-Bias Education (PDF, 4 pages)
- The Four Core Goals of Anti-Bias Education (PDF, 1 page)
- Stages in Children's Development of Racial / Cultural Identity & Attitudes (PDF, 6 pages)
- Goals & Reflection Questions for Adults (PDF, 1 page)
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.