For Students: Examining Whiteness: An Anti-Racism Curriculum
These articles are available to Unitarian Universalists as part of individual and group study to help examine and better understand whiteness (identity, supremacy, privilege); the ways of being white in a white-dominated society that impact everyone; and some recommendations and tools for developing a positive anti-racist white identity.
The following documents are PDF files.
- Examining Whiteness - A Guide for Individual Users (4 pages)
- The History of White Supremacy in the United States (25 pages)
- The Emotional Lives of White People (10 pages)
- The Anatomy of White Guilt (7 pages)
- Racial Identity Development (12 pages)
- Racial Identity Journey (9 pages)
- Different Ways of Being White (1 page)
- White Privilege and Power (7 pages)
- Developing a Positive White Identity (9 pages)
Read about the curriculum author.
Read the story of the development of the Examining Whiteness curriculum (PDF, 7 pages).
Note about the format: Documents have been formatted with one inch margins using Arial Narrow font to reduce the amount of paper used to print them. Please write to the email address below to request large print format.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.