Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office
Who We Are
Your voice at the United Nations, the Unitarian Universalist Association's (UUA's) United Nations Office (UU-UNO) is engaged in international advocacy work at the UN based on Unitarian Universalist (UU) values.
From involvement in the drafting of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, to leading the faith caucus to establish the International Criminal Court, to overcoming UN apathy about sexual orientation & gender identity issues, the UU-UNO has a long history of providing strong leadership in all aspects of human rights at a policy level through UN consultative status.
What We Do
- Our Every Child is Our Child program provides educational support and healthcare access to children made vulnerable by HIV/AIDs in Ghana.
- Committed to advancing equal rights for all humans regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity (SOGI), our LGBTQ/SOGI Human Rights program brings LGBTQ human rights to the forefront of the UN agenda.
- By focusing on women's sexual and reproductive health and rights, our Women's Initiative program supports strong voices and stronger actions, with particular emphasis on the global ratification/implementation of an international bill of rights for women known as the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
- Bolstering the UU climate change movement through advocacy and educational resources, our Climate Justice Initiative program collaborates with like-minded organizations at the UN, calling for global action in the name of a sustainable future for all.
- Learn more about Our Influence at the UN!
What You Can Do
- Become an Envoy and serve as a UU-UNO representative at your congregation
- Attend our annual Intergenerational Spring Seminar in New York City, where you'll spend an immersive three days exploring global human rights issues
- Submit a sermon to our Dana Greeley Sermon Competition for a chance to receive an honorarium and opportunity to present at UUA General Assembly
- Host a United Nations Sunday and engage your congregation in affirming the importance of human rights education and advocacy
- Sustain the UU-UNO and make an impactful commitment to international human rights for all by becoming a Blue Ribbon Congregation
- Explore our UN Me Religious Education Curriculum with your students through fun global issues, peacebuilding, and learning activities
- Make a generous donation to Support the Work of the UU-UNO or transform a child's life and Support the Every Child is Our Child Program
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.