International Events Related to Unitarian Universalism
- April 1, 2013: Deadline to apply for Tsubaki Grand Shrine scholarship
- April 4-6, 2013: UU-UNO Intergenerational Spring Seminar
- April 12-14, 2013: European Unitarian Universalist Spring Retreat, Mittelwihr, France
- May 11-23, 2013: UUPCC: UU Transylvanian Pilgrimage
- May 20-21, 2013: Churches for Middle East Peace Advocacy Conference
- June 19-23, 2013: UUA General Assembly
- March 15, 2013: Deadline to apply for July/August placement in Anne Margaret Barr Children's Village in India
- February 15-23, 2013: Sienna Project: Building Schools in Guatemala
- February 1-4, 2013: UUCSJ: BorderLinks Trip to Arizona/Mexico
- February 1, 2013: Deadline to submit sermon for Dana Greeley Award consideration
- January 19, 2013: UUPCC Regional Conference
- December 13, 2012: ICUU Webinar
- December 5, 2012: UUPCC Virtual Conference Call: UU's in Kenya
- December 1-9, 2012: Habitat for Humanity International: Building Louder Advocacy in Nicaragua
- November 26-December 5, 2012: UU Holdeen India Program: Justice for Rural India
- November 20, 2012: Universal Children's Day
- November 10-20, 2012: UUA/UUSC Supporter Journey to Tanzania and Burundi
- October 28, 2012: UN Sunday
- October 26-28, 2012: European Unitarian Universalist Fall Retreat in Cologne, Germany
- October 5-8, 2012: BorderLinks Trip to Arizona/Mexico
- October 4-7, 2012: ICUUW: Women's Convocation in Transylvania
- September 18-27, 2012: UUPCC Third Annual Transylvania Fall Quilting Retreat
- September 21, 2012: International Day of Peace
- August 6, 2012: Hiroshima Day
- July 17, 2012: International Justice Day
- July 16-19, 2012: Interfaith Youth Core: Interfaith Leadership Institut, Philadelphia
- July 7-14, 2012: National Youth Justice Summit
- June 20-24, 2012: UUA General Assembly in Phoenix, AZ
- May 25-28, 2012: Borderlinks Trip to Mexico
- April 28-May 5, 2012: UUSC-UUA JustWorks Trip to Haiti
- April 20-22, 2012: European Unitarian Universalist (EUU) Spring Retreat, Rolduc, Netherlands
- April 14-26, 2012: UUPCC Transylvanian Pilgrimage
- April 12-14, 2012: UU-UNO Spring Seminar, New York City
- March 13-21, 2012: UUPCC NE India & Khasi Hills Pilgrimage
- March 10-17, 2012: UUSC-UUA JustWorks Trip to Haiti
- February 7-12, 2012: ICUU Gathering in the Philippines (PDF)
- February 3-5, 2012: IARF US Chapter Conference: "Faith, Interfaith, and Freedom," Hilton Head, SC
- January 30-February 6, 2012: UUPCC and ICUUW Philippines: Culture, History, Partnership, and Women’s Livelihood
- December 10, 2011: International Human Rights Day
- December 3-10, 2011: UUSC-UUA JustWorks Trip to Haiti
- November 20, 2011: Universal Children's Day
- November 4-6, 2011: European Unitarian Universalist (EUU) Fall Retreat, Oberwesel, Germany
- October 23, 2011: United Nations Sunday
- September 28-October 4, 2011: Spiritual Journey in Tierra de Fuego
- September 8-19, 2011: UUPCC Transylvania Quilting Retreat - Part 2
- August 5-7, 2011: Hiroshima Commemoration Events, at All Souls Church, Washington D.C.
- August 6, 2011: Hiroshima Day
- July 16-27, 2011: UUJME 12-Day Human Rights Trip to
Israel / Palestine
- June 24, 2011: Michael Servetus Celebration at General Assembly
- June 22-26, 2011: UUA General Assembly
- June 10-13, 2011: Deutsche Unitarier (German Unitarians): Unitariertag
- June 3-13, 2011: UUPCC Spring/Pentecost Pilgrimage to Transylvania & Budapest
- May 14-26, 2011: UUPCC Pilgrimage to Transylvania
- May 20-22, 2011: Canadian Unitarian Council 50th Anniversary Annual Conference and Meeting
- May 24-31, 2011: UUSC-UUA JustWorks Trip to Haiti for Seminarians
- May 3, 2011: UUPCC Community Capacity Building Update Virtual Conference Call
- April 29, 2011: UU-UNO Reception for Queen Mother Esther Nartekie Kpabity of the Every Child is Our Child Program
- April 28-30, 2011: Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) Intergenerational Spring Seminar, New York City
- April 5, 2011: Golden Rule Day
- April 1-3, 2011: "A Humanist's View of Spirituality: Paths to Understanding." European Unitarian Universalist (EUU) Spring Retreat, Spa, Belgium
- March 25-26, 2011: Toward a Moral Consensus Against Torture
A Gathering of Students, Clergy, People of Conscience, and People of Faith
- March 11-24, 2011: Unitarian Universalist (UU) Partner Church Council (UUPCC) Pilgrimage: Meet the UU's of the Philippines
- February 15-March 7, 2011: Sacred Places: A Pilgrimage to India with Rev. Abhi Janamanchi
- December 27-January 16, 2011: International Convocation Unitarian Univeralist Women (ICUUW) Passage to India
- November 4-16, 2010: Unitarian Universalist Association/Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUA-UUSC) JustJourney to Uganda
- October 29-31, 2010: European Unitarian Universalist (EUU) Fall Retreat, Mittelwihr, France
- September 20-22, 2010: Arms Down! Advocacy Days
- September 18, 2010: Unitarian Day for Khasi Hill Unitarians
- September 4-7, 2010: International Association for Religious Freedom (IARF) 33rd World Congress, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala State, India
- September 1-4, 2010: International Association of Liberal Religious Women (IALRW) Centennial Congress, Kerala, India
- August 9, 2010: Arms Down! Day of Awareness, North America
- July 13-17, 2010: The Third International Council of Unitarians and Universalists (ICUU) International Theological Symposium, Eindhoven, the Netherlands (details forthcoming on the ICUU website)
- July 9-13, 2010: Unitarian, Universalist, and Unitarian Universalist (U-U) Ministers Conference, Eindhoven, the Netherlands (details forthcoming on the ICUU website)
- June 23-27, 2010: Unitarian Universalist Association GA
- April 8-10, 2010: Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) Intergenerational Spring Seminar, "A Climate of Change: Head, Heart, and Hands Around the Planet," New York City
- March 5-16, 2010: Unitarian Universalist Partner Church Council (UUPCC) Pilgrimage to the Philippines
- January 14-17, 2010: IARF U.S. Chapter Conference, Clearwater, FL
- December 3-9, 2009: Parliament of the World's Religions, Melborne, Australia
- November 12, 2009: Charter for Compassion to be unveiled (learn how your congregation can participate)
- October 22-25, 2009: Conference of IARF European & Middle Eastern Region and the European Liberal Protestants Network at Mannheim and Ludwigshafen (near Heidelberg, Germany)
- October 25, 2009: UN Sunday
- October 25-27, 2009: Interfaith Youth Core presents: "Leadership for a Religiously Diverse World," Chicago, IL
- October 28, 2009: "Cities, Climate Change, and Christianity: Religion and Sustainable Urbanism," Cambridge, MA
- September 1-5, 2009: ICUU Council Meeting in Koloszvar, Transylvania
- June 24-28, 2009: General Assembly
- May 1-2, 2009: Faith Without Borders workshop to be held at the 2009 District Assembly in Jersey City, NJ
- April 25-26, 2009: Faith Without Borders workshop to be held at the 2009 District Assembly in Albany, NY
- April 16-18, 2009: Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) Intergenerational Spring Seminar: "All in the Name of Faith: Rights, Religion, and Responsibility"
- April 15-18, 2009: British Unitarian General Assembly in Chester, England
- April 5, 2009: All Souls Church presents "Hiroshima Children's Drawings"
- April 3-5, 2009: April European UU Retreat in SPA, Belgium
- March 27-28, 2009: Faith Without Borders workshop to be held at the 2009 District Assembly in Cleveland, OH
- March 14, 2009: Faith Without Borders Workshop: Bringing the Sixth Principle to Life; to be held at the First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church in Duxbury, MA.
- February 26 - March 1, 2009: International Convocation of Unitarian Universalist Women
- February 20-22, 2009: Faith Without Borders workshop to be held at the Pacific Northwest District Annual Meeting, in Salem, OR
- February 7, 2009: Special Presentation and Reception:
"The Daunting Challenge of Human Rights Today"
Presented by Ambassador Michael Southwick, a lecturer and consultant on global issues. He was our Ambassador to Uganda (1994-1997). He has special expertise in the area of human rights, conflict prevention, and humanitarian relief. As Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations, he managed U.S. policy in over 40 UN organizations.
The presentation took place at the River Road UU Congregation in Bethesda, MD
Sponsored by the UU-United Nations Office.
- December 10, 2008: 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- December 7, 2008: Celebration of the Shakyamuni Buddha's Enlightenment (PDF), New York City
- December 6, 2008: "The Lotus Sutra" Book Signing Event (PDF), New York City
- December 1, 2008: World AIDS Day
- November 8-9, 2008: Tents of Hope for Darfur, Washington, DC
- October 31 - November 2, 2008: European Unitarian Universalists Fall Retreat, Traben-Trabach, Germany
- October 26, 2008: United Nations Sunday
- September 28 - October 15, 2008: Unitarian Universalist Partner Church Council Pilgrimage to India
- August 29, 2008: Consultation on Interfaith Organizing and Islamic Society of America Annual Conference, Columbus, OH
- August 6, 2008: 63rd Anniversary of Hiroshima Day
- July 25-27, 2008: The International Association for Religious Freedom Regional Conference in Belfast, Ireland
- July 8, 2008: World Religious Leaders Summit for Peace, Sapporo, Japan
- June 25-29, 2008: UUA General Assembly
- Unitarian Universalist (UU) Clergy and Israel/Palestine
Thursday, June 26, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
The UUA International Resources Office (IRO) is hosting an informal GA gathering for UU clergy to discuss opportunities for collective engagement and response to the conflict in Israel/Palestine. Many UU ministers are currently or have long been involved in peacemaking, study, advocacy and witness regarding this conflict. And, all are invited to join for a brainstorming and planning meeting on Thursday, June 26, 2008, from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. in the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel's Palmetto Room. Those who attend will be invited to share their experiences of effective engagement and suggestions for how UU clergy could join together to promote peace and justice in Israel/Palestine.
- A Faith Without Borders
Friday, June 27, 3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Leader: Rev. Eric Cherry, International Resources Director, UUA.
The UUA’s international resources office can be of service to all congregations that are maintaining and developing global ministries. Find out about our history of global engagement and recommendations for best practices. Discover tools for theological reflection about international engagement, and for planning holistically through the “Faith Without Borders” program.
- The UUA Holdeen India Program: Empowering Social Change.
Friday, June 27, 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Leaders: Kathy Sreedhar (Director, UU Holdeen India Program (UUHIP)) and Rev. Janne Eller Isaacs (Co-Minister, Unity Church, Unitarian, St. Paul, MN).
For 24 years the UUA’s UUHIP has partnered with social change movements in India, supporting India’s most excluded and oppressed people as they organize and demand their rights. Come and learn about UUHIP’s strategies, take inspiration from its work, and hear examples of congregational relationships with it.
- U/U Theology…Internationally Speaking
Sunday, June 29, 1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Leaders: Rev. Nihal Attanayake, UU Church of the Philippines; Rev. Bela-Botond Jakabhazi, Transylvania Unitarian Church; Prof. Anthony Pinn, Rice University; Rev. Eric Cherry, UUA IR Office. The effective international engagement of UU congregations depends upon a solid theological grounding. Join U/U leaders from around the world for an exciting discussion of historical, current and emerging theological issues. Hear what we share, what we disagree about, and the common commitments our theologies point us towards.
- Unitarian Universalist (UU) Clergy and Israel/Palestine
- May 24-June 1, 2008: UU Service Committee (UUSC) JustJourney to Mexico
- May 10, 2008: "Majority Speaks: Global Perspectives on Mission"Conference at the Andover Newton Theological School
- May 8, 2008: "Natalie Gulbrandsen Day" at Meadville/Lombard Theological School
- April 13, 2008: Breakthrough: The Women, Faith, and Development Summit to End Global Poverty
- April 3-5, 2008: Intergenerational Spring Seminar: "Picking up the Pieces: Building a Culture of Peace"
- March 19, 2008: U/U Clergy for Peace and Justice in the Middle East
- January 23, 2008: SkypeCast: What's Happening in the Alphabet Soup? (PDF) (Link to SkypeCast)
- November 1-6, 2007: ICUU Meeting in Germany
- October 26-27, 2007: A Conference: The Apartheid Paradigm in Palestine-Israel: Issues of Justice and Equality
- October 21-28, 2007: United Nations Sunday
- September 21, 2007: International Day of Peace
- August 6, 2007: Peace Declaration on Hiroshima Day
For more information contact email@example.com.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 3, 2013.