Premiums for Long-Term Disability Insurance
The annual premium for this long-term disability (LTD) coverage is 1% of the amount insured; divide that amount by 12 to obtain the monthly premium.
To calculate the per-paycheck cost for this coverage, complete the calculation below:
- Annual Salary (for ordained clergy, use Salary + Housing) divided by 100 = ____________ x $1.00 = Annual Cost.
- Divide Annual Cost by # paychecks/year = Cost per Paycheck (final cost may vary slightly due to rounding).
- To determine the monthly cost, divide the annual cost by 12.
Example 1: The annual LTD premium for a minister with a combined salary and housing allowance of $57,000 will be $570. Divide the annual cost by 12 to obtain the monthly premium—in this example, $47.50/month.
Example 2: The premium for a staff member with earnings of $28,000 will be $280 per year, divided by 12 equals $23.33 per month.
For more information contact groupinsurance @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- Billing for Insurance Plans
- Insurance and Employee Changes
- Transitioning Benefits
- UUA Health Plan
- Group Insurance
- Fair Compensation
- Finances/ Taxes
- Ministerial Aid Funds