Benefit Details for Life/AD&D Insurance
The Unitarian Universalist Group Insurance Plan's (UUGIP) group term life insurance policy has a face value of 200 percent of annual salary (salary plus housing allowance in the case of ordained clergy), up to a maximum of $200,000 (this is an increase from the prior maximum of $150,000).
In order to adjust for actuarial risk, the amount of coverage at:
- age 65 is 65% of the original amount.
- age 70 the benefit payable is 50% of the original amount.
Premiums are adjusted accordingly.
Life insurance premiums may be waived if the policyholder is disabled for longer than nine months, according to the criteria in the Life/AD&D certificate booklet.
An enrolled employee may elect coverage for their dependents as follows:
- A flat $10,000 policy may be selected for the spouse/partner of the enrolled employee for $4.00/month.
- A flat $5,000 policy ($1,000 for children under 6 months of age) may be selected for the children of the enrolled employee for $2.00/month.
- To enroll the spouse/partner and all dependent family members at coverage noted just above, the premium is $5.00/month.
For more information contact email@example.com.