Action Steps for Forming a Congregational Community Partnership
- Cultivate an awareness of the needs and sensitivity to the concerns of the surrounding community in the congregations.
- Ministers and other congregational leaders build relationships with local organizations that share a common vision and are enthusiastic about working together
- Community organizations are invited to introduce themselves to the congregation, strengthening the relationship between the two potential partners.
- Liaisons are established to facilitate communication and joint social justice efforts.
- Ministers take a leading role in representing the congregation in the community by working for social justice.
- Lay leadership, including youth, is developed through relationship building and hands-on organizing.
- Congregations are continually involved in and informed about the partnership through weekly worship, prayer, emails and religious education. Organizing and advocacy opportunities are offered.
- Openness to new partners and collaborative work as community needs demand or opportunities present themselves.
For more information contact socialjustice @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, February 6, 2012.
- Legislative Advocacy
- A People So Bold: DVD Guide
- Congregational Resolution Guide
- Congregational Stories
- Effective Congregational Programs
- Funding & Awards
- GA Presentations
- Grassroots Organizing
- Public Witness
- Social Justice Empowerment
- Young Adult Spirituality & Service
- Real Rules