About the A People So Bold DVD Discussion Guide
A People So Bold: DVD Discussion Guide
By Rev. Sarah Gibb Millspaugh
This guide is intended to accompany the showing of all or part of A People So Bold, a DVD conversation on social justice, theology, and practice in Unitarian Universalism hosted by Rev. Meg Riley. This guide will assist facilitators in leading group discussions and reflections. Facilitators are encouraged to adapt the guide to best fit your groups needs and constraints.
The guide includes several sections: one to accompany each of the DVD’s nine segments, plus appendices which provide background on the speakers and some of their terminology. Each segment of the DVD has a corresponding section in this discussion guide.
The goals of this guide dovetail with the goals of the DVD, which are:
- To equip individuals, groups, and congregations to reflect on social justice deeply and meaningfully,
- To offer wisdom, thought, and inspiration that nurtures Unitarian Universalists’ work for justice,
- To spark further conversation on theology and social justice within our congregations, and
- To inspire actions that serve the greater good.
For more information contact socialjustice @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, March 27, 2012.
- Legislative Advocacy
- A People So Bold: DVD Guide
- Congregational Resolution Guide
- Congregational Stories
- Effective Congregational Programs
- Funding & Awards
- GA Presentations
- Grassroots Organizing
- Public Witness
- Social Justice Empowerment
- Young Adult Spirituality & Service
- Real Rules