As the deeply racist and oppressive nature of the Trump administration continues to reveal itself and we see our country returning more and more to overt and often violent methods of disempowering people of color and other vulnerable communities, we can find the strength to remain steadfast in our resistance by reinvesting in solidarity.
Ever faithful in our commitment to building Beloved Community, we must keep our hearts, eyes, and ears open to guidance and needs of those most at risk. Love Resists the racism that is tearing apart our shared community. And we know we must be courageous in our resistance.
To renew our courage and sustain our commitment, we've compiled stories, resources, and actions to reground you in this work today:
- Open your home and heart to sponsor asylum seekers.
- Partner to defend and protect through immigration justice accompaniment.
- Join a volunteer team to support frontline justice-makers.
- Call on Congress to deny funding for anti-immigrant policies and programs
- Tell President Trump and DHS Secretary Nielsen to protect children, end family separation and detention
Sustain Yourselves and One Another
- Love Resists’ resource on partnership
- Prayer for when you reach out to a potential partner
- Spiritual practice for challenging moments
- How one woman stood up to border patrol when they boarded her greyhound bus
- Do’s and don’ts for bystander intervention (6 page PDF)
Know Your Rights
- What to do if you're stopped by police, immigration agents, or the FBI
- What to do if border patrol asks you for documentation
Stay up to date on Love Resists resources and actions by signing up for Love Resists emails.