The Youth Trustee on the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Board of Trustees is an important, national leadership position that functions as a full, voting Board member, but also as the primary youth voice on the Board, representing a larger connection to UU youth communities.
To Be Eligible
You must be a youth who:
- For the one-year term position, will be in high school (Grades 9-12) or the equivalent for the 2019-2020 school year;
- For the two-year term position, will be in high school (Grades 9-12) or the equivalent for both the 2019-2020 school year and 2020-2021 school year;
- Is active in a UUA congregation;
- Is able to attend the first Board of Trustees Meeting on Monday, June 24, 2019 in Spokane, MO (following the close of General Assembly) and all Board meetings thereafter. Attendance for the two-year position is also expected at the 2020 and 2021 General Assemblies and all Board meetings in between. (NOTE: All expenses related to presence at Board meetings and GA(s) are paid by the UUA, including airfare/travel, lodging, food, etc.)
The application process is now open. Fill out the online UUA Volunteer Leadership Application form with your information:
- Candidate name, contact information and congregation
- All other information asked for on the form
- Signed Parent/Guardian Permission Form (online or PDF—links will be provided when the candidate is selected)
From the applicants, the Nominating Committee selects who will be the Youth Trustee(s) to the Board. The roster of Board members is then voted into service at the next GA.
If you are interested in applying to be a candidate for the Youth Trustee position and have questions, please contact the UUA Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the role and nomination process.