UUA.org Video Technical Notes
- Our video is best viewed with high-speed Internet; we recommend 1.5 Mbps or greater download speed.
- Speakers are required for audio.
- All our videos require Flash Player version 184.108.40.206 or higher, a free download from Adobe.
Buffering, or Choppy Playback
If a video does not play smoothly:
- Check your connection speed. Our video work best at 1.5 Mbps or greater download speed. If possible, arrange for a high-speed connection to view or share video from UUA.org.
- If your video download speed is slow or inconsistent, try pausing the video until the entire stream is downloaded (the loading bar reaches the end of the player). Then try playing the video.
- Sometimes, an incomplete copy of a video can get stuck in your cache. Clear your browser's cache and then try again to download the video.
- Clicking on the screen of a live-streaming event can cause the Flash Player to pause and not re-start. Close the video window and re-open it to re-start the live stream.
Using Video as Part of an Event
Sharing video from UUA.org is a great way to connect your congregation with other Unitarian Universalists, but please be aware that technical problems may interfere with even the best-laid plans. Test as much as possible before your event, and be prepared with a backup plan (show previously-recorded events instead of live-streaming video, or plan a sing-along or other activity in case the technology just doesn’t work).
Test the following at the location of your service.
- A computer that can play the video.
- A projector and a film screen or blank white wall. Be sure the display is bright enough to look good in morning light (projector reviews from CNET).
- A sound system that can connect to the computer and is loud enough to project to your entire audience (PC speaker reviews from CNET).
- An Internet connection that is fast enough to receive the streaming video without a lot of “buffering” pauses (we recommend 1.5Mbps or greater download speed).
- Test the video you intend to share, or choose a sample video.
If you've checked the tips on this page but are still experiencing trouble viewing or hearing our videos, please let us know.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.