UUA Website: UUA.org
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) website averages over 5,200 visits a day—almost 3,000 from new users. Every week, about 5,400 congregation searches are performed—over 3,000 from new users. UUA.org is one of our most important tools for introducing seekers to Unitarian Universalism.
The Purpose of UUA.org
The website should enable and motivate people to:
- find and participate in congregations or other UU-sponsored groups and events
- access resources online themselves
- donate to or purchase from the UUA or its causes
- engage with UUA materials, including passing information about Unitarian Universalism along to others, leaving comments, and other actions
The GA Forum is the first of (possibly) many discussion forums on UUA.org. You can post about new topics or comment on other people's posts, and subscribe to receive email notifications about new posts and comments. You can also send direct messages to other accountholders.
You can log in and comment on many UUA.org pages, including most of the pages in Worship Web. You can also reply to comments, flag them as inappropriate, "like" them, and subscribe to receive email notifications of new comments on the page.
When you create your account, you can add an image and biographical text and indicate which congregation you are associated with.
If you are logged in, almost every page on UUA.org now has a Like button and an icon that adds the page to your list of UUA.org bookmarks. A Bookmark link at the top of every page gives you a quick way to see your list of bookmarked pages.
Specific groups can have private sections of pages and files that are accessible only to members of the group. For example, ministers in preliminary fellowship can have accounts that are in a group that gives them access to pages specifically for them.
UUA.org accounts will give you access to other features later in the winter of 2016, when we add discussion forums to some UUA.org pages.
Here's a list of other recent improvements to UUA.org.
- Policies regarding UUA.org and other UUA online programs.
- Analytics about visits to the website.
- Troubleshooting using UUA.org, including information about browsers and plug-ins.
You can also visit UUWorld.org, the UUA's online magazine.