Contemporary Religiosity Facts: Innovative Ministry*: Leader Resource 4 of the Congregations & Beyond Discussion Guide
- 25.2% of oldline protestant congregations always or often use drums and electric guitar in worship.
- 60.4% of the congregations with rapid attendance growth are offering both innovative and contemporary worship.
- Between 2000 and 2010 the number of ethnic/racial minority congregations has risen from 23% to 30%.
- The “nones” or those who have no religious preference are the fastest growing religious segment of the American population and number more than any American denomination except Roman Catholic.
- The prominence of mega-church images notwithstanding, more than 1 in 4 American congregations had fewer than 50 people in worship in 2010, and just under half had fewer than 100 people.
- The Church of the Larger Fellowship, with approximately 3000 members, is the largest congregation in the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations.
- There are 80 active Unitarian Universalist campus ministry groups
*Source of the first five facts: “A Decade of Change in American Congregations 2000-2010” (PDF), by David A. Roozen, published by Faith Communities Today.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.