Charge to the Committee on Socially Responsible Investing
- Mission and Responsibilities
The committee’s mission is to uphold the Unitarian Universalist Association’s (UUA’s) commitment to invest its endowment funds in alignment with Unitarian Universalist (UU) values. The committee’s specific responsibilities are as follows:
- To advise the UU Common Endowment Fund (UUCEF) Investment Committee on investment policy issues, with particular regard to stock screening and manager selection
- To assist the UUA staff with community investment, shareholder advocacy, and educating UU congregations on socially responsible investment
- To advise the UUA Board on needed changes in the UUCEF’s governing documents, and to report to the UUA Board on the UUCEF’s success in meeting its socially responsible investment objectives
- To carry out any other responsibilities stated in the UUCEF bylaws.
- Appointment and Terms
The committee shall have seven members, as follows:
- Four individuals with expertise in socially responsible investment, at least one of whom shall have expertise in shareholder advocacy, and at least one of whom shall have expertise in community investment.
- One individual who has experience with endowment management in an organization that invests in the UUCEF, and who has knowledge of UUA priorities, programs, and communities, as well as of socially responsible investment practices. The UUA Board shall appoint this individual to also serve as a member of the UUCEF Investment Committee
- The Treasurer
- The Financial Advisor
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.