We appreciate the Moderator Nominating Committee’s willingness to undertake the important work that will lead to the election of the next Moderator for the Unitarian Universalist Association. The following charge outlines the expectations of the Board of Trustees with respect to the search process and the authority granted to the search committee:
- The search committee will develop a statement of desired qualifications for the Moderator that will guide the search and selection process and be shared with candidates and nomination sources. The statement will be reviewed and approved by the UUA Board of Trustees.
- The search committee will adopt a timetable for the search that will permit the anticipated election of a moderator at General Assembly 2019.
- The search committee will make periodic reports to the board secretary about the progress of the search.
- All search committee members will observe strict confidentiality in the conduct of the search. Any member of the search committee who breaches confidentiality may be removed from the committee without replacement.
- The search committee will present to the Board of Trustees a summary of its work and to make its recommendation for two or more nominees on or before December 1, 2017.