The Planning Committee is made up of ten members: eight elected by delegates to General Assembly (GA) and two appointed by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Board of Trustees. In addition, the UUA President and the Local Task Force Coordinator are ex-officio members. Carey McDonald, Executive Vice President, currently represents President Frederick-Gray. LaTonya Richardson, General Assembly Director, serves as liaison to the Committee.
The Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening and Closing Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance.
General Assembly is coming to Portland in 2022! If you are interested in joining the Portland-based local area/arrangements team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more. We have many positions open, including Chair of the Local Area/Arrangements Task Force.
For more information contact email@example.com.
Terms Expire 2021
- Debra Boyd, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelsea Surfus, email@example.com
- Jolanda Walter, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cecilia Hayes, email@example.com
Terms Expire 2023
- Thomas Earthman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LaTonya Richardson, Director-General Assembly & Conference Services, email@example.com
Liaison for President
- Carey McDonald, Executive Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Boyd, email@example.com