Call for Examples of Innovation in Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
The Commission on Institutional Change is seeking stories and examples of best practices in the service of anti-racism in UU congregations and communities. If you have been doing something in the field of anti-racism that you think is going well, we’d like to hear about it. This might include:
- Justice work grounded in accountable relationships with organizations led by and serving people of color;
- Providing space, child care or logistical support to movements led by and serving people of color;
- Partnering on grassroots local organizing campaigns;
- Multi-racial staff teams serving congregations effectively for more than 3 years;
- Family ministries and/or religious education programming especially targeted to and serving congregants of color, adults and children/youth;
- Multiculturally sensitive pastoral care programs;
- A proven track record of financial partnership and fundraising for movements led by or serving people of color.
- What has been the new learning to emerge as far as diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- How do you measure success?
- What has been the struggle? For what were you unprepared and what did you learn?
Please note that no information provided in these testimonials will be shared with attribution without the prior consent of the author. The Commission is mindful that certain details in submissions can be revealing and commits to treating all submissions with full trust and confidence.
How to Submit Your Examples of Innovation Story
Submissions—written, audio, or video format—in response to this set of questions will be accepted, now through September 2019. Anyone is welcome to submit an example of innovation.
Audio Submissions: MP3 format is best.
Video Submissions: MP4 format is best.
Written Submissions: Please use this convenient form (Word) which contains the questions listed above.
To submit your testimony, save the file to your computer, and then upload it via this secure link.
Please direct any questions about this process to testimony [at] uua [dot] org.