Council on Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Provide linkage to our member congregations by engaging representatives of Unitarian Universalist (UU) professional and identity-based organizations in conversation about successes and struggles in cross-cultural engagement;
- Provide linkage to the heritage, traditions and ideals of Unitarian Universalism by convening dialogue about the ways in which we seek to model right relationship in our congregational and associational life; and
- Provide linkage to our vision of the Beloved Community by engaging in an open-ended conversation about the ways in which cross-cultural engagement (including a vision of anti-racism, anti-oppression and multiculturalism) is incorporated into the workings of our congregations, assemblies and related organizations.
- The council shall consist of the Moderator, a Board member, and representatives of professional and identity-based organizations and groups whose charge relates to the governance of our Association, including, but not limited to:
- Diverse Revolutionary Unitarian Universalist Multicultural Ministries (DRUUMM)
- Allies for Racial Equity (ARE)
- Unitarian Universalist Musicians Network (UUMN)
- Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA)
- Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association (UUMA)
- General Assembly Planning Committee (GAPC)
- Organizational representatives shall be appointed by their respective organizations and are expected to maintain accountable relationship with their organization for the duration of their membership on the Council.
- The Council shall meet in person at least once per year, and convene electronically between meetings.