Reproductive Justice Resources and Links
Resources for Congregational Life
- Curriculum for Congregations
This six-week curriculum is a thorough introduction to the topics of reproductive justice. Organized by theological principle, this curriculum from the Unitarian Universalist Association prepares congregations and other groups to participate in the public conversation on these issues and be effective advocates.
- Moving Forward: In-Depth Resources on Reproductive Justice
These materials are designed to supplement the work of congregations that have completed the Reproductive Justice Curriculum and are looking to expand and deepen their reproductive justice advocacy. They are organized according to the program priorities that were identified by the UUA’s Reproductive Justice Advisory Group.
- Small Group Ministry Sessions
These 45-minute reflection times were designed according to the standards of the Unitarian Universalist (UU) Small Group Ministry Network but can be used by any group between 8-15 people for spiritual reflection. There are five different sessions available on a variety of reproductive justice topics.
- Congregational Resource Packet
Get a liturgical calendar, a sample worship service, sermon examples and resources, a faith development guide, and many, many more tools for bringing reproductive justice into the life of your Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Annual Event: Roe v. Wade Anniversary (January)
Celebrate the milestone victory of legalized abortion in the United States, while acknowledging the massive barriers many women still face in actually accessing the full range of pregnancy-related care. Every January, use the anniversary as an occasion to use the anniversary as an occasion to celebrate history and recommit to a future of reproductive justice for all.
- Annual Event: Mama’s Day (June)
Mother’s Day is more than a day for flowers and pancakes. It’s a call to honor the resiliency of all those who mother, especially those who bear the brunt of hurtful policies or who are weighed down by stigma in our culture. Every May, it’s opportunity to take action to create the conditions so that all families can thrive.
- Webinar: 'What is Reproductive Justice?'
An introduction to the framework of Reproductive Justice, co-hosted by the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice and the Unitarian Universalist Association
- Webinar: 'Congregational and Legislative Best Practices'
A guide for leaders and activists on the 'how' and 'why' of building capacity in UU congregations for legislative advocacy
- Questions for Discussion
Strengthen the dialogue about Unitarian Universalist principles and reproductive justice
- Sacred Choices and Abortion: 10 New Things to Think About
A DVD and discussion guide that presents a new way to look at abortion and religion
- My Sister's Keeper Toolkit (PDF, 29 pages)
An advocacy guide for increasing US support of international family planning
- Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Resolutions on Reproductive Choice
As an expression of our faith and values, the UUA takes positions on relevant issues of social justice
- Common Principles of Interfaith Women's Health Advocates (PDF)
Religious groups call on the U.S. Congress and President Obama to oppose restrictions on women's health care options
- UU Perspective on Choice
Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (RCRC)
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice* (RCRC)
A leading religious voice for reproductive justice in the United States
- The Religious Institute*
A multifaith organization dedicated to advocating for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society
- National Council for Jewish Women (NCJW)
Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
- Catholics for Choice
Founded in 1973 to serve as a voice for Catholics who believe that the Catholic tradition supports a woman’s moral and legal right to follow her conscience in matters of sexuality and reproductive health
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC)
Educates and mobilizes the Reform Jewish community on legislative and social concerns, advocating on more than 70 different issues
- Strong Families*
A network of reproductive justice and other organizations that advocate for policies and resource allocations to help all families have the rights, recognition, and resources they need to thrive
To amplify and strengthen the collective voices of Indigenous women and women of color to ensure reproductive justice through securing human rights
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health* Working to ensure the fundamental human right to reproductive health and justice for Latinas
- Forward Together*
Leads grassroots actions and trains community leaders to transform policy and culture in ways that support individuals, families, and communities in reaching our full potential
- National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum* (NAPAWF)
The only national, multi-issue, progressive organization dedicated to social justice and human rights for Asian and Pacific Islander women and girls in the U.S.
- The Guttmacher Institute
Advancing sexual and reproductive health worldwide through research, policy analysis and public education
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
The leading advocate for reproductive health care in the United States today, it provides support for the health, education, and advocacy missions of its 79 affiliates nationwide
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
We are made up of pro-choice women and men across the United States. Together, we protect a woman's right to choose.
* Indicates organizations which use the framework of reproductive justice (as distinct from reproductive health or rights). Find out more.
- Women's Preventative Care in the Affordable Care Act of 2010
Guttmacher Institute, Summer 2011
- States Enact Record Number of Abortion Restrictions in 2011
Guttmacher Institute, January 2012
- Choice-Related Voting Records of Members of Congress
NARAL Pro-Choice America