New England Region
The New England Region is the smallest geographical area with the highest concentration (PDF) of Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) member congregations in the US. We are 234 congregations that are served by a single integrated regional staff team, with expertise in every area of congregational life. Visit New England Region's website to learn about events, support services, and other regional information.
Contact our main office at (617) 948-6415, email newengland [at] uua [dot] org or contact an individual staff member listed below.
Regional Staff Contacts
Our staff are often the first and primary source of support, counsel and information for lay and professional leaders. We offer more than 40 learning events every year. Our contacts and specialty areas are shown below. Please call anyone on the team to ask a question or request services.
- Hilary Allen, Innovation and Growth
hallen [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4257
- Erica Baron, Congregational Consultant
ebaron [at] uua [dot] org,
- Karen Bellavance-Grace, Small Church Support, Congregational Collaborations
kbellavancegrace [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4258
- Joy Blanchette, Regional Administrator
jblanchette [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6415
- Chanel Gomez, Events Coordinator
cgomez [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6427
- Meck Groot, Justice Ministries
mgroot [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6414
- Woullard Lett, Acting Regional Lead
wlett [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6121
- Lóre Stevens, Communications Associate
lstevens [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6426
- Joe Sullivan, Stewardship | Peer Facilitator Program
jsullivan [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4383
The New England Region is comprised of 234 congregations. The congregations in this geographical area were previously organized into districts. As the UUA reorganized into 5 Regions, all but one (NNED) have merged.
The most recent iterations of districts of the New England Region were:
- Ballou Channing District (BCD) has dissolved, effective August 2019 It included forty-five congregations from Rhode Island, southeastern Massachusetts, including the South Shore, Cape Cod and the Islands.
- Clara Barton District (CBD) has dissolved, effective April 2016. It included sixty-six congregations from central and western Massachusetts, and all but the southwest corner of Connecticut.
- Massachusetts Bay District (MBD) has dissolved, effective April 2016. It included fifty-three congregations from Greater Boston and Northeast Massachusetts.
- Northern New England District (NNED) includes seventy congregations from Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.