New England Region
The New England Region is the smallest geographical area with the highest concentration of Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) member congregations in the US. We are four districts, six states, 231 congregations that are served by a single integrated regional staff team, with expertise in every area of congregational life. Visit New England Region's website to learn about events, support services, and other regional information.
Contact our main office at (617) 948-6415, email newengland [at] uua [dot] org or contact an individual staff member listed below.
Regional Staff Contacts
Our staff are often the first and primary source of support, counsel and information for lay and professional leaders. We offer more than 40 learning events every year. Our contacts and specialty areas are shown below. Please call anyone on the team to ask a question or request services.
- Hilary Allen, Innovation and Growth
hallen [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4257
- Karen Bellavance-Grace, Support for Small Churches & Congregational Collaborations
kbellavancegrace [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4258
- Joy Blanchette, Regional Administrator
jblanchette [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6415
- Dawn Casstevens, Director of Operations and Communications
dcasstevens [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6429
- Meck Groot, Justice Ministries
mgroot [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-6414
- Joe Sullivan, Stewardship | Peer Facilitator Program
jsullivan [at] uua [dot] org, (617) 948-4383
- Halcyon Westall, Faithify Project Manager
halcyon [at] faithify [dot] org, (617) 948-6117
Though the New England Region is served by a single regional staff team, each district maintains its own board with fiduciary responsibilities. In April of 2016, two districts, Clara Barton and Massachusetts Bay, voted to begin the process of dissolution over the next year. Covenanted relationships guide our work together as New England's four districts and regional staff live and grow into new forms of organization.
- Ballou Channing District (BCD) includes forty-five congregations from Rhode Island, southeastern Massachusetts, including the South Shore, Cape Cod and the Islands.
- Clara Barton District (CBD) incudes sixty-three congregations from central and western Massachusetts, and all but the southwest corner of Connecticut.
- Massachusetts Bay District (MBD) includes fifty-three congregations from Greater Boston and Northeast Massachusetts.
- Northern New England District (NNED) includes seventy congregations from Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.