Activity time: 10 minutes
Description of ActivityTell participants that your focus today will primarily be about families and food. You might start by asking some discussion-generating questions. Use the following prompts as you see fit.
- What do you like to eat?
- What do other members of your family like to eat?
- Is food a peaceful or rocky subject for your family?
- Do you like to eat pretty much the same way your family does, or not?
- When you think of food and your family, what images come to mind?
- When does your family eat together?
- Who cooks in your family?
- Who chooses the food in the kitchen?
- Describe a happy, funny, or tough food event in your family life.
- Does your family have any rituals or traditions associated with food?
- What are some family issues around food?
- What are some food issues for your age group?
- What does food tell you about families?