- Opening song or regular ritual (such as joys and concerns) that brings the children into a circle of their own community and gets them ready to be together.
- Introduction of arts activity moving from a simple process to a more complex one with as much choice as possible
- Sharing the work with supportive feedback modeled by adults
- Bringing the work together into a group process for community building
- Deepening the process by sharing in words or other ways how the process made you feel
- Adding information about the idea that the leader is trying to reinforce
- Closing circle or ritual.
Tapestry of Faith: Spirituality and the Arts in Children's Programming: A Resource for Religious Educators