Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Story, "Trees for Kenya"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story a few times so you will be comfortable presenting it.
- Review the discussion questions in the activity, and add some of your own if desired.
Description of Activity
Invite the participants to make themselves comfortable and ready to listen to the story. Read "Trees for Kenya."
Engage a group discussion by posing questions such as these:
- Can you think of any project or activity you have done that helped restore the land or the planet?
- Is it ever okay to cut down trees? Why or why not? What could make it okay to cut down trees?
- Can you imagine being willing to go to jail for a cause you believe in?