Activity 3: Story - Trout Are Made of Trees
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Story, "Trout Are Made of Trees"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story a few times so you will be comfortable delivering it.
- Review the discussion questions in the activity, and add some of your own if desired.
Description of Activity
Invite the participants to make themselves comfortable and ready to listen to the story. Read "Trout Are Made of Trees" aloud.
Engage participants in discussing the story by posing questions such as these:
- How did the story make you feel at the end?
- Were you surprised at the ways that trees "feed" trout?
- Do you know of any other ways that trees help insects or wildlife not mentioned in the story?
- What are some ways that trees help or benefit other plants?
If time allows, read it through a second time, inviting participants to join in by creating sound effects.
Including All Participants
If any participants have hearing limitations, consider using a hand-held microphone.