Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Session 1, Leader Resource 1, It’s a Miracle
- Newsprint with the definition(s) of miracles generated by the group in this program
Preparation for Activity
- Print Session 1, Leader Resource 1, It’s a Miracle.
- Post the newsprint sheets describing and defining miracles that the group generated during the program.
Description of Activity
Participants revisit ideas and experiences from earlier sessions and reconsider their perspectives on miracles, science, and religion.
Lead a discussion using these questions:
- What helps us experience miracles? Is it possible to prepare oneself to experience a miracle? How?
- Has your thinking about miracles changed as a result of your experience with this program?
- How would you define a miracle now?
- What place does the miraculous have in Unitarian Universalism?
- What place does the miraculous have in your life?