Activity 1: Sharing Miracle Moments
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Newsprint with definition(s) of a miracle generated by the group in previous sessions
Preparation for Activity
- Post the definition(s) of a miracle generated by the group in previous sessions.
- Prepare to share, in a phrase or sentence, a “miracle moment” of your own.
Description of Activity
Invite everyone to share a “miracle moment.” Explain briefly that you mean a time when they paid attention to something unexpected, awesome and perhaps unexplained. To start things off, you can share a recent miracle moment of your own. You may wish to remind the group:
- Everyone’s ideas and experiences of miracles may be different.
- Participants may “pass.” Sharing a miracle is not required.