Activity time: 8 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story, “The Big Bang Theory”
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story a few times, so you will be comfortable reading or telling it.
Description of Activity
Even in our modern times we are still searching for the answer to the miracle of life, and our place in the Universe. Science can propose a theory that seems logical and correct. It can be backed up by many years of research that proves more and more conclusively that the Big Bang theory may be the right answer, and yet, nobody knows how all of the matter in the Universe came to be. Read the story aloud slowly. Then, ask these questions:
- How did everything in the Universe come to be?
- What may there have been before the Big Bang?
- What does it mean that the Universe is expanding? Where is it expanding into?