Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write these questions on newsprint and post:
- Why is this story preserved?
- What were they trying to teach with this story?
- What is it that we can learn?
Description of Activity
Invite participants to discuss the questions posted on newsprint. Use some of these questions to provoke, guide or further the discussion, as needed:
- What are God's moral principles in this story?
- How does God take care of the Israelites and preserve their equality?
- Looking at this story and the Nathan story (Workshop 2), what is God's attitude toward the rich and powerful?
- Is it difficult for you to trust that there will be enough?
- In what ways can you identify with the Israelites and their fears when wandering in the desert?