Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story, "Manna in the Wilderness"
- Leader Resource 1, Exodus Background Information
- Coriander seeds
Preparation for Activity
- Print the story and practice reading it aloud.
- Prepare to briefly present the information in Leader Resource 1. Make copies for interested participants to take home.
Description of Activity
- What do people need to survive?
- Where does our food come from?
- How might you feel if you were in a strange place and did not know what you were going to eat?
Using the information in Leader Resource 1, Exodus Background Information, briefly set the stage for the story. Keep the background information brief, and offer copies of the leader resource to those who wish to take one home. Say, "In this story, God provides enough food for people to survive, and makes sure that no one takes or keeps more than they need for each day."
Read the story aloud. Pass around a small bowl of coriander seeds when you reach the passage describing manna.