You can read and use Tapestry of Faith programs by browsing the Tapestry of Faith website, reading the parts of programs that look interesting, and printing pages that would be useful to you. But what if you want to use a program at your congregation? You can download, save, and print Tapestry of Faith materials.
Tapestry of Faith programs are copyrighted material owned by the Unitarian Universalist Association, with pictures and other materials used by permission as indicated in each program. The UUA grants permission for UU congregations to use complete programs or individual sessions or workshops as needed in your religious education programs. You may download, modify, use, and share the materials here as you see fit for any non-commercial purpose as long as you keep the UUA copyright notice intact.
Downloading a Program
- Locate “Downloading the Program” on the right-side of a Tapestry of Faith program page. Click "two-column Word document" or “two-column PDF” to download the entire program in Microsoft Word or as a PDF to your computer.
- Your web browser asks you what to do with it. Click Save.
- Specify a folder on your computer, and save the file. Downloading may take several minutes if the Tapestry program is large.
Editing a Program
Once you've downloaded the file, you can open, edit, and print it. Note: Programs are formatted to .5-inch margins to conserve paper.
Word processing program:
- Open the file you just downloaded, in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, or almost any other word processing program. You'll see the text and pictures that make up the program. Now, you can make any changes you like, and print as many copies as you need. Be sure to save again if you make changes. Note: If you edit the document, the page numbers will change. Each two-column document is formatted so that images are on full pages.
- Open the file you just downloaded, in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. You’ll see the text and pictures that make up the program. Now, you can print as many copies as you need. A PDF is not adaptable, but you will have all the materials needed to run your program. Each two-column document is formatted so that images are on full pages.
Printing Handouts and Leader Resources
Before you print handouts or leader resources from the Word document, consider making the type size larger for those with vision challenges. Use at least 12 point type, preferably 14 point.