Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Shallow basins of water, one for every two or three participants
- Straws for all participants
- Newspaper to cover worktable(s)
Preparation for Activity
- Gather large, shallow containers such as pie tins. Purchase straws.
- Cover worktable(s) with newspaper. Fill basins two-thirds full with water and set, along with straws, on worktable(s).
Description of Activity
This activity is intended for the time before the session when children arrive individually, that is, "straggle in."
Welcome participants. Invite them to choose a straw and explore the water in the basins - without spilling or drinking any - using the straw, or their hands. Save the straws for a later activity.