Materials for Activity
- Large sheet of poster board
- Hardware store ads for cutting out pictures of tools, toolboxes, tool belts, etc. to decorate the poster
- Scissors (including left-handed scissors) and glue sticks
Preparation for Activity
- You may wish to cut the poster board into the shape of a toolbox. In large letters, label it, Toolbox of Faith. Begin decorating the edges with a few pictures from hardware store ads, or wait for the participants to begin the decorating. Be sure to leave a large area where, in future sessions, you will add visual representation of up to 16 tools and write the qualities of faith each tool represents.
- Set out the poster board, hardware store ads, scissors, and glue at a worktable that can accommodate all participants.
Description of Activity
This section is intended for the time before the beginning of a session when participants arrive individually over a period of time (that is, "straggle in").
If the group arrives together from worship or another scheduled event, conduct this poster activity within the session, as part of Activity 4: Toolbox of Our Faith poster and Group Covenant.
Welcome participants as they arrive. Introduce them to the title of the program, Toolbox of Faith, and ask them to help create the poster. Have them find and cut out tools and hardware paraphernalia from hardware store ads and paste them on the border of the Toolbox of Our Faith poster.