Activity 3: Story - The Dog And The Heartless King
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story,"The Dog and the Heartless King"
- A chime, a rain stick, or another calming sound instrument
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story a few times. Note the storytelling tips.
- Consider telling the story rather than reading it. Practice telling it aloud. Try a voice for the king and another for the hunter. Try a loud bark, like the dog's.
- Think about how you might use items from the story basket as props. If any of these items are on the altar, sit near them or place them where you can reach them as you tell the story.
Description of ActivityBefore you begin, look around the room and make eye contact with each person. Read or tell the story.
Ring the chime (use other sound instrument) to indicate that the story is over.